Taco Skillet Recipe
Like tacos without the tortilla, this skillet can be adjusted easily to add or remove any ingredients to suit your diet or lifestyle. It’s quick to make (under 20 minutes) and tastes divine—in fact, I’ve turned this into a breakfast skillet in the morning by adding potatoes.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 whole green bell pepper
- 1 whole small onion
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 lb ground beef
- 15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can pinto beans
- 1 package Mexican cheese mix
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Warm your skillet and add oil until it’s warm, then saute onion and bell pepper for 3-5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute then add the cumin, chili powder, and salt.
- Once fragrant, add the pound of ground beef to the skillet and cook until brown all the way through—about five minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and beans and let sit until warmed thoroughly. Finally, add the cheese and let sit until it melts.