Pie Iron Chicken Pesto Pocket Recipe
Recipe by Homemade Heather
- 1 tortilla
- 1 Tbsp pesto
- 2-3 slices of cooked chicken breast
- 1/8 cup mozzarella shredded cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray (optional)
1. Spray the interior of the pie iron with non stick spray.
2. Place one side of the tortilla on the pie iron, layer with chicken, pesto and cheese.
3. Fold tortilla into a “pocket”.
4. Close and latch the pie iron.
5. Cook over the fire, opening the iron to check progress periodically.
6. Cook for approximately 3 mins per side depending on how hot the fire is.
Looking for more yummy pie iron recipes? Have a delectable pie iron recipe that you would like to share with the We Two Gypsies Community? Check out the full thread here:
Over the Campfire Pie Iron Recipes