Pie Iron Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 6 oz Oscar Mayer Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- 1 can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 2 tubes of Pillsbury big crescent rolls
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking Spray
- In a sealable container mix the grilled chicken breast strips, cream of chicken, vegetables and chicken bullion. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep refrigerated or in a cooler until needed.
- Spray the pie iron well with Pam or any other cooking spray. On a plate roll out the crescent roll package into flat triangles. If you get the big crescent rolls, you should be able to use one triangle and mold it to fit on one side of the pie iron. Put about ⅓-1/2 cup of the chicken mixture on top of the laid out crescent roll in the pie iron. Cover the mixture with another crescent roll. Seal the edges by pressing down on the dough.
- To cook, shut the pie iron and place it near the coals of your campfire. Let it cook on each side about 2 minutes. It is usually good to check it before you flip to get an idea of how it is cooking. Once cooked, open the pie iron and slide out on to a plate. This is such an easy way to have a wholesome meal at your campsite!
Looking for more yummy pie iron recipes? Have a delectable pie iron recipe that you would like to share with the We Two Gypsies Community? Check out the full thread here:
Over the Campfire Pie Iron Recipes
Please Note: This post contains affiliate links, and as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.