Vegetarian Pie Iron Fajita Quesadillas
Pie Iron Fajita Quesadillas
By: The Camp Gal
Makes 6, Vegetarian
- 3 bell peppers (some combination of red, yellow, orange or green)
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fajita seasoning, to taste
- cooking spray
- 12 flour tortillas
- 6 slices cheddar
- pie iron
- butter knife
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers & onions and sauté until onions are translucent. Add fajita seasoning to taste and cook for an extra 2 minutes. Let cool and store in refrigerator or cooler.
- Spray pie iron with cooking spray. Place a tortilla in one side of the pie iron.
- Fill tortilla with cheddar slice and fajita mixture.
- Top with another tortilla and close pie iron. Tear off the edges of the tortillas.
- Heat pie iron over fire, turning occasionally, until the tortilla is toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Release quesadilla from pie iron, using butter knife if necessary. Serve with salsa and guacamole.
Looking for more yummy pie iron recipes? Have a delectable pie iron recipe that you would like to share with the We Two Gypsies Community? Check out the full thread here:
Over the Campfire Pie Iron Recipes
Pie Irons by Uno Casa available at Amazon
Please Note: This post contains affiliate links, and as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.